CRITICAL RESPONSE IN STRESS INCIDENT SITUATIONS
The “GRIN” Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support & Group Crisis Intervention
This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of ICISF’s Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support & Group Crisis Intervention courses. Description of each course is below.
Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. This program is designed for teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention.
• Psychological crisis and psychological crisis
• Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
• Critical incident stress management
• Evidence-based practice
• Basic crisis communication techniques
Group Crisis Intervention
Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, the Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
• Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
• Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms • SAFER-Revised model
• Suicide intervention
• Relevant research findings
• Relevant recommendations for practice
• Incident assessment
• Strategic intervention planning
• “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum • Large group crisis interventions
• Small group crisis interventions
• Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
• Reducing risks
• Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
COST: $195 for both Group and Individual, 3 day class- 2 certifications
TIME: 8am – 5pm daily (must attend all class hours)
You will be responsible for your own meals, lodging, and transportation
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention
Disaster Response, Education, Law Enforcement, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.